Sunday, June 22

Summer Drink: Jugo Juice Mighty Kale Recipe

Happy Summer to everyone! Here in Vancouver, it's feeling a lot like summer and my mood is definitely up there with my dear Mr.Sunshine! Since it's summer, it's time we start working on that healthy body of ours to prep ourselves for the amazing summer to come!

For those in North America, you might have tried Jugo Juice and for the past year, their "Mighty Kale" juice has blown up all over the place and I am here to provide the recipes for this healthy drink! My rendition of this drink is not a 100% dupe but it's at least 90% there and tastes just as good.



So let's get going!

Mighty Kale Recipe

I didn't have any kale at home so I used spinach as a substitute. I would recommend getting baby kale and/or spinach from your local grocery store. The pre-washed ones are better only because you can skip the step of washing your greens.

Ingredients:

  • 1 handful of baby spinach and or baby kale 
  • 1/2 cup of Mixed Fruit (I recommend going to Costco to purchase a large bag and pick the blend with peaches, mangoes or pineapples) 
  •  1/2 cup of orange juice 
  • 1/4 cup of apple juice 
  • Water if it's too thick 



Steps:
  1. Put your frozen fruits in first, then greens, followed by your juices.
  2. Use the crush ice mode on your blender to break down the frozen fruits then gradually move into the chop, puree then liquefy mode. 
  3. If you feel it looks too thick, simply add more juice or water to your smoothie. 
  4. Pour it into your favorite cup and away you go! 

I just saved you $7.00 for a smoothie! 


Grace's homemade Mighty "Spinach" 

Did you know? Frozen fruits contain just as much nutrients as fresh fruits, in fact frozen fruits may contain even more nutrients than your fresh fruits because they are picked and frozen right when it's fully riped! Even though fresh fruits are "fresh", they've most likely traveled in trucks or cargoes for at least a month before they reach your local grocery store! So how "fresh" are these fruits? If you have a local farmers market nearby, those are guaranteed a better option than to frozen fruits! For smoothies, I prefer frozen fruits because they act as ice as well to give you that slushy, smoothie texture.


Sunday Pooh Socks
Wendy's lookbook hair

until next time! 

You can also find me here:
Instagram: http://instagram.com/grace.hui
Twitter:  @hcmgrace

Follow on Bloglovin





4 comments:

  1. I love that glass I want one! Im seeing these everywhere at the moment, they are really in! This looks like a great recipe might have to give it a go x x

    Jess x
    New post up at www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! You can get the cups at Target :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for posting this recipe!

    I live in Vancouver too actually, and I always go to Jugo Juice specifically for the Mighty Kale drink. HAHA.. now i can make it myself and save myself money. HAHAHAHA

    :)

    Laura

    www.artandsoulcreativeco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kale drinks! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...