Sunday, June 8

REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask Review

I've purchased this product around 2 months ago and I'm finally here to give you an honest review. This product has been much hyped over the past year and here are my thoughts on this mask. 

REN clean skincare is paraben free and sulfate free which a plus for skincare products nowadays. The product is meant to instantly brighten your skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and to help improve skin tones.  The product claims to reduce the look of fine lines and winkles as well. In a nutshell, the product is meant to give you skin that glow!

The product itself  for $66.00 and for a mask, this is definitely on the expensive side. The bottom itself is the same height as my hand so the amount of product in the bottle is minimal.  The packaging is very sanitary with two lids (one on the bottle and one on the nozzle), to keep the content bacteria free. 



Formulation: This mask comes out in a thick gel like consistency with a bit of stickiness to it. The product is non-fragrant which is a plus for me.


Application: You'll need to apply a thick layer of this mask onto your clean face and then wait for approximately 10 minutes. The product will not dry up or harden at all, so make sure you time it because you can't visibly tell whether 10 minutes has been up or not.

Sensitive Skin: Prior to purchasing this, I did not read the label. It mentioned that its not recommended for sensitive skin, which is exactly what I had. This product is definitely not meant for sensitive skin because upon applying it, you will already feel the tickling of the product followed by a slight burn.  Soon after rinsing it off, it feels like my skin got worse. As if someone tried really hard to make it glow and failed. I would say, it makes your skin turn slightly red, to give you that glow. If you are like me and suffers from redness on your cheeks, I wouldn't recommend this product.

Overall, this product didn't work out for me due to my sensitive skin. Note to everyone, this product may not be for everyone! It would work well for those with normal - oily skin and without redness concerns.




8 comments:

  1. I used this as well, but it had a sickening orange scent that many people actually liked. Because of that, it threw me off. It is sticky, but thats what helps it stay on the face I guess. Either way, I returned it as it did nothing for me and since it was expensive, I wasn't going to just waste it.

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, it guess the product doesn't agree with everyone's skin :(

      Delete
  2. I got a sample of this mask from Sephora and it also didn't really agree with my sensitive skin.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try Ren products for a while now but never got around to it. I hope your skin is feeling better, I will definitely read labels closer now =P So far, my skin has been pretty hardy. Y

    Yeah the museum was pretty fun, it had a super nostalgic feel! As we know there are sometimes limited things to do in our city so keep it in mind during a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaah, their product, I don't know didn't agree too well with my skin! Yep, if only I had bought it through Sephora, I think I would've returned it but oh well, I'll know for next time!

      Hmm, good idea I think I'll keep the museum on my list of things to check out! I saw a groupon earlier as well for it!

      Delete
  4. Haven't heard of this before but it sounds really good!x

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review!

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really sucks that this isn't for sensitive skin, I have extremely sensitive skin and I know that burning feeling a little too well (Trial and error :() I would have really liked to try it.

    http://sociallyawkwardfashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...