Thursday, March 6

Traveling to the Northwest Territories & Northern Lights

It's been a while since I've blog and this will be a travel post from me. For those of you who follow me on Instagram , will know I traveled up north to Yellowknife in Northwest Territories. The main reason for going on this trip was to see the Northern Lights and it was stunning. To date this is the most beautiful and breathtaking scenery I have seen ever.

This post is high resolution image heavy, mobile viewing is not recommended unless connected to wi-fi. 

Long Lake in Yellowknife 
 Yellowknife is the coldest city, I've ever visited where it drops to -48 degrees Celsius at night. This didn't stop me from heading outside onto the frozen lake to capture the most beautiful natural light, I have ever scene.

This is a once in a lifetime experience and I would strongly recommend viewing the lights at your nearest destination and for me that was a 4 hour flight away.  To take these photos, it involved bracing the -48 degrees for 1-1.5 hours. This is definitely not for the faint of heart and if you love photography and seeing natural beauty then I would highly recommend it. It has been the vacation for me so far.


Northern Lights in Yellowknife

Northern Lights in Yellowknife

Northern Lights in Yellowknife


The winner for my last giveaway will be announced once I confirm a winner. Stay Tuned!

10 comments:

  1. These photos are gorgeous Grace! I would imagine viewing the Northern Lights in person would be quite a magical experience though I can't imagine dealing with such frigid temps. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowena! It looks like I have fallen off the face of the Blogger world again but I'm going to keep writing more!

      Delete
  2. Do you want follow each other on bloglovin? Jiust follow me there and I follow back!
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Northern Lights are absolutely gorgeous! You are so lucky you got to experience that! Great post :)
    xx

    peacelovefashionxoxo.blogspot.om

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Kat :) Just checked out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Those pictures are amaaazing! I would never be able to brave the cold at -48 degrees!

    I just followed you on instagram/twitter, been a long time follower on GFC. I changed my name from Not an Obsession to Raincouver Beauty so I'd love it if you can support me on my various social medias! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Angela :) I followed you back on instagram as well :)

      Delete
  5. I can't imagine what it would be like to see such a sight in person. The photos look like something I would have seen in a movie but to know thats real is just amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience and beautiful pictures ;)

    yunanalysis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! The northern lights are only 4 hours away? I've ALWAYS wanted to go see them too! These photos are AMAZING and this motivates me to go someday, for real!

    Laura

    www.artandsoulcreativeco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Personally, it's a once in a lifetime experience. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you some info as well! :)

      Delete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...