Sunday, February 2

Valentines Day Gift Guide for Him

It's almost that time of the year again. Even though us girls get it lucky since usually we are on the receiving end of this tradition, sometimes we need to put a little bit of thought and effort into a gift for our other half as well.  Valentines day is more of a day where you get something that the both of you will enjoy rather than Christmas where it's usually clothing, games, or gadgets for the men out there. I personally find a lot of guys out there enjoy handmade gifts over purchased ones because they're more personalized and can't be purchased else where :).

Here are my 5 Valentines Day gift ideas for him.
  1. Valentines day breakfast, now serving Belgium Waffles with  homemade blueberry sauce 
    I'm not a cook and I can make this, so it's worth giving a try. I find that they key to the blueberry sauce is the orange juice. It gives it a sweet tangy finish to the sauce so definitely do not replace or skip the OJ!
    Recipe for waffles: here
    Recipe for blueberry sauce: here

    As always, top if off with a bit of sifted icing sugar and snap a birds eye view.


  2. Sharing your favorite sport
    Nothing is better than sharing memories together! If you are both into a sport, plan a surprise sporting event with him. Since it's winter here in Canada, snowboarding, or skiing might be an option to explore and if it's not into this, snow tubing is just as fun and requires no experience! Who says Valentines Day has to be romantic. Sharing a memory is much better than sitting at a candlelit dinner, though it's not a bad idea for the gents out there.
  3. Homemade Kits
    Ladies, guys love homemade anything because it's thoughtful and personalized.  I haven't explored this idea myself but I think homemade kits are a home run for most guys. Think of what he loves most and then put together a homemade kit. If he loves pizza, buy the dough and the toppings package it nicely and you can have a pizza making night in. If he's into video games... well.. that's a tough one. Perhaps you can make a snack kit for when he's tired from gaming.

    If you have a man who is into beer and drinks. Well then, getting a few local craft beers in town paired with his favorite snack is the bomb.  Not only is it practical but he'll definitely love it. 


  4. Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/328762841519303236/
  5. Make a card or video
    Speaking from personal experience, this one is a winner. What I usually do is print out the couple photos or your funniest memories and then create a mini scrapbook. Michael's is usually my destination for all paper materials. Write a cute message for each photo and there you have it!

    If you are into video editing, or would like to get started, you can start filming vlogs with him and for special occasions, string them into a clip. I'm terrible with video editing so I use iMovie and it worked out pretty well for me!
  6. If none of the above works, just give him a kiss & that should do it :)

Let me know what your gift ideas are for Valentines Day in the comments below! 



5 comments:

  1. Aww these ideas are cute! I really didnt know that guys like handmade gifts so much haha. I actually clicked on this post to find a good gift for my crush *awkward* I love the idea with the cards and gifts but I feel like these ideas are only for couples haha. But thanks for this post ~ :3

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mindy! I'm sure he'll love anything that you make :) It's the thought that counts! Happy early valentines day to you!

      Delete
  2. Really sweet idea :P buying gifts for guys
    is so hard sometimes... but I guess
    homemade food can't go wrong :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you ended just give him a kiss and that's it. I love how simple guys can be! :)

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...