Thursday, September 12

Sephora Give Me Some Lip: Get on it!

A few weeks back, I've been trying to find Sephora's Give Me Some Lip lip sampler set and I've visited a few locations and they seemed clueless at first but last week, I finally found them in stores! I visited two different Sephora locations because the one located at Pacific Center had run out of the set.

In a month, I'll be on a plane and off to Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong for my 3 week trip. I'm quite excited about it and this set is exactly what I've been looking for. The lip samplers are the perfect size for traveling plus, I rarely ever use up a tube of regular lip gloss so this is exactly what I wanted. 

Left to right: Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment, Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink, Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly, Nars Turkish Delight, Bite Beauty in Rhubarb, Tarte Lip Surgence Lip Luster in Glitzy 

I've swatched all 6 of the lip products on the back of my hand and you can see that all of the shades are definitely wearable all year round.


Fresh Sugar Rose: The Fresh line of lip treatments have always been my favorite lip balms to date.  The smell is refreshing with a hint of lemon.  The protection it provides is great as well, it always leaves my lips feeling soft and smooth. This product is comparable to Kiehl's #1 Lip Balm but with less grease to it if you know what I mean.  
Will I repurchase? Yes! 

Buxom Full-on Lip Polish in Dolly: When you first put this on, oh my you can feel the tingling on your lips as if it's plumping them up. I do agree that the Buxom line does give your lips a little bit of puckering in a good way :)  It doesn't over do it so don't worry girls. You won't look like you just walked out of a certain magazine! Not that it's not a bad thing! This is a true lip gloss and provides shine. The color is great and is definitely wearable on an everyday basis.  The product has a slight shimmer, glides on easily and is not sticky. 
Will I repurchase? Yes and maybe in another shade :) 

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb: If you are looking for a highly pigmented lip color then go for these lip pencils! They are the most pigmented lip pencils/crayons I've come across. It doesn't bleed or smudge throughout the day so it's great for long hour wears. Personally, the color is a bit too pigmented and I don't have the ..sexiest lip shape out there in the world so I would have to pass on this. Will I repurchase? Yikes, probably not this one for me. 

Nars Turkish Delight: My oh my, I think this lip gloss has already had it's fair share of hype. I believe this lip gloss is also a part of NAR'S Cult product now. The lip gloss glides on easily and is great for layering on top of a lipstick! On it's own, it might be a bit too light. Although this is a light shade, you can definitely still see the color on your lips when worn. 
Will I repurchase? Yes! 

Tarte Lip Surgence in Glitzy: Ok, this crayon is probably my favorite crayon next to my crayola one which was in the color sky blue. Anyone anyone? The shimmer is subtle, the color is great and the pigment is sheer which is what I enjoy. I'm really glad that this product came in a full size because I can see myself whizzing through this crayon in no time. I have yet to try the Clinique Chubby Sticks but these 6 lip samplers will keep my lips moist and colored for some time! 
Will I repurchase? Yes! Oh dear, my wallet is screaming right now. 

Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink:  This lip gloss I would say is another great one for layering. If you are looking for a ton of shine on your lips then I would say the LM lip glace is shinier than the NARS Turkish Delight, however I do think the NARS lip gloss has much better color payoff than the LM. I do love the packaging though! The lid kind of reminds me of the Burberry cosmetics line.  
Will I repurchase? Maybe down the road. 

Value
This lip set is definitely a great value! I purchased this in store for $30 CDN  and the full size Tarte Lip Surgence is already $29 dollar so I personally think this is a set that you should hop onto before it's gone. I saw an eye-liner set as well when I purchased the lip set but I didn't pick it up because I'm quite picky about my eye-liners :) 


What are your favorite lip products? Are you going to purchase the lip set? I think it's also available online in the States and in Canada as well. 

Follow me:
Follow on Bloglovin / Instagram @hcmgrace / Twitter @hcmgrace


32 comments:

  1. this look good and cute !

    rainxdropz.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look like a great way to try out a range of popular lip products!
    I love the Fresh Sugar lip treatment in the Petal shade!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the 'rhubarb' color one c;
    I wish you a nice, fun and safe
    trip in Asia! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg the lips set looks so nice I really wanna try the Buxom one and maybe the one from BITE because I think the red color would be nice for red gradient lips *-* Maybe you should try it for that hehe ^-^*♡
    Thanks for this review, Grace~! ♡ I hope there will be Sephora stores near my place too ; n ;

    -Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like maybelline's lip products :) maybe we can follow each other? let me know! <3 http://exality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a great idea on sephora's part! I wish they had sephora is australia :(
    Ahh, have a blast on your HK/SH/BJ trip babe :) Be sure to eat and shop lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm excited to have found another blogger from BC! :)

    This little set looks like such a good deal! I'm actually on my way to the mall right now and will be stopping in at Sephora to see if I can snag one for myself xx

    Take care,
    Carly

    www.stylesnapshot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I purchased this and then found out tha there was a "give me more lip" set... and i want that one too :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this set, definitely going to look for it next time! Hopefully it's not gone by then! Great value. *u*

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ! nice lipsticks!
    Love it ! And your new Follower
    Do Drop By my Blog


    Dressabelleballerina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently saw this and the eyeliner set at Sephora! I was sooo tempted! I'm still thinking about picking up the eyeliner set, but I feel like I need to use up a bunch of product before hoarding more lol. Great review! I've been wanting to try some lip crayons as of late!

    Also! Did you check out Target yesterday? OMG...it was crazy here in Toronto. The only thing I managed to snag was a girly PJ set LOL. Not sure it was worth the early-morning rise haha.

    I hope you ended up snagging a new work bag!!

    <3Jo
    www.thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful set. Wish I had one of my own <3
    http://thefaerienymph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those lipsticks look lovely! x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I continue to eye this set everytime I go to sephora but I think after reading your post on it, I think I'll have to check it out :) thanks for sharing!


    xoxo, Charlene
    lipstickandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, this is such a great set! I should look for it too!

    btw, I have a nice giveaway on my blog. You can win 100 $ to spend on sheinside.com. You can find all the details HERE. The contest ends on September, 22, I would be so happy if you joined!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH WOW - I glossed over this when I was browsing Sephora but now, it looks like I made a mistake.
    I love the Bite Beauty color and I'm actually curious to see how it looks on you! :) Do try it, Grace and share an FOTD!
    NARS Turkish Delight is def a great albeit overhyped shade but I'm glad you love it :) This is an awesome set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am inlove with your blog design it is so pretty!!! I want that lip set what isn't in there lovvee
    http://youtu.be/TgzSgXWXNnU
    http://pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca/
    just put up my first youtube video today too btw would love if you stopped by :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. also i followed you with GFC
    http://pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca/ if you check out mine let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this set! Just wish I could get this in the UK. I always love the Bourjois lip products, especially the lip crayons.
    Lauren.xx
    www.laurenmidd.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have not seen this lip set in Spain! :-(

    I´m following you now. Would you like to visit my blog and follow me back?


    Sorteo internacional/International giveaway:
    http://envueltaencrema.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/sorteo-mac-vuelta-al-cole-2013.html


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was eyeing this set when I saw it in nyc and it was only 25$ there! I didn't get it and I'm glad because I just have too much lip products to finish and I nearly never finish them besides chapstick ones hahaha I'm glad you liked so much of the stuff in the set! Oh and have fun in Asia!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been looking for more and better lip products myself... and these are actually ones I don't think I've heard much about.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey lovely, just came across your blog and it's great!

    Now following you, and looking forward to your next post. :)

    Please check out my blog, if you can: http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank you :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these all! Love your blog too its great :) if you would like to visit my blog too, mine is http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a shame we don't have a sephora in australia. these kind of sample sets are perfect to try out different products before comitting to buy the full size! we would love to hear your thoughts on the individual lippies!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I could never finish a whole tube of lip gloss and lip stick. I could only finish lip balm. This would be a great set to try out so many products in one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohh wow lovely colors Grace! :D can't wait to see your China trip pics! have a nice trip & enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really lovely blog!
    I followed your blog now, follow me back, please.


    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!!! Looks like a really good lip sampler set!!
    Hmm.. might try anr get this online~
    Thank you for the lovely review!
    Please check out my blog??
    charrmyn.blogspot.com
    Xx charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  30. I was looking for this set too but I never found it! How are your travels? I'm in asia right now too! :)

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! it looks like your comment box isn't working so I'll reply here instead. Asia was amazing, I should post a few photos up on my blog :) Where did you go in Asia?

      Delete
  31. Hey Grace, Even though we are acquainted on Instagram, I’m dropping in on your blog. I cannot believe how once I connected with some of my blog friends on Instagram, we stopped visiting each other’s blogs. Lol… So while I’m having the time at home today on a stay-home Sunday, I decided to find all my instablog friends, visit their blogs and see what they are up to. So here I am! It seems like you haven't been updating your blog too. A bunch of us blog friends were just talking about how it is a lot more quiet on the blogosphere with all the old blog friends disappearing.

    Anyway, just dropping to say hi and I know you are travelling now! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...