Tuesday, August 6

For the face: Clinique CC Cream / NARS Bronzer Blush Duo / Maybelline Age Rewind

It's been an incredibly long time since I've blogged, mainly because I've been quite busy with attending weddings, accompanying out of town guests and doing a bit of exercise over the weekends. Surprisingly it's incredibly sunny in the West Coast! A real summer is finally here. I digress...

This month, I've purchased these 3 items that I've loved to death and here's why :)


Clinique CC Cream - glowing skin $39 CDN 



I've always been a fan of BB cream but sometimes I think it just looks kind of ashy, or that it just doesn't really look like skin for some reason or if it does, it really is too sheer.  The Clinique CC cream in the shade light gives a natural glowing finish to your skin. I would say a little goes a long way for this product and gives light to medium coverage. The moisture surge really does speak the truth. For my dry skin, this product went on amazingly with no flaking! (woohoo, a plus for us dry skin people). The shade light is great for asian skin, one shade darker would be good for slightly tanned skin.  The best thing is that it really does even out your skin tone :)

Pros: 

  • Glowy, dewy skin finish
  • SPF 30 UVA/UVB
  • Hydrating 
  • Easy to apply (with brush or finger) 
Cons: 
  • Would not recommend for oily skin because it might be a bit too hydrating
Overall, I love this product! Would definitely repurchase if I run out but by then there'll probably be something called EE cream already :P 



NARS - Bronzer/Blush Duo - Laguna and Deep Throat - $50 CDN


I really thought about this product several times before I picked it up mainly because of it's steep price but I haven't regretted purchasing this product :). This is probably the best bronzer out there. You can apply it lightly to give your face a glow or use it to contour a bit.  The blush is already a great color for everyday wear. I would say it's more wearable than NARS Orgasm mainly because it doesn't have that soft gold shimmer in it. 

Pros: 

  • Easy to blend
  • Great color pay off 
  • Silky and smooth 
Cons:
  • You are a bit too expensive... but you're worth it! 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind - $8 CDN 



This is probably the best under eye drug store concealer out there because it gives a natural looking finish. IT doesn't settle into creases and its super easy to apply. :) Nothing to complain about this one! 


Have you tried any CC creams? And which one is your favorite? I would love to hear what other ones are out there :) 



15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great review! I heard a lot good things about Clinique, the only issue I'd like to complain about is that this brand's quite pricey for my taste :o However, very nice blog!

    ♥ Maho
    www.bitt3r-suess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the concealer.. you're right... no creasing :D LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried CC creams before, I still love my tinted moisturizer! Nars Deep Throat looks sooo pretty, I wanna get it but I have lots of blushes that look similar T_T girl issues haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so bad the Cc Cream not is good for oily skin. Thanks for your reviews!
    xx

    Join to my Giveaway for Win an Etude House CC Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound like winners! I just saw the Clinique CC Cream at Sephora today and was wondering if it was any good. Thanks for your review Grace!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laguna & Deep Throat is the best combination! Two of my favourite cheek products :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried any of these products yet but I really like the nars bronzer and blush! The pink looks so cute >u<
    a few weeks ago I wanted to try the Cc cream by Clinque too because I read a lot of good reviews online but I was too canny~ :/
    Thanks for your small reviews ^~^*

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOAH~ I need to get my hands on one of Clinique's CC creams then! o: I've been looking for something super hydrating for so long - and for it to not flake? Definitely scavenging around for it now. Thanks for the reviews, love~ c:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try that Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer!

    Thea,
    otheality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the name of your blog! So adorable!
    I always wanted to try nars blushes but I just can't seem to overcome myself and invest that amount of money for just one blush... (*´・x・`)ゞ)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh thanks for this post! i've been wanting to TRY all 3 items that you reviewed!! i love nars orgasm.. but i agree i don't use it that often especially during the day because of the gold shimmer.. thanks for this!! dying to try CC cream.. and i lol'd at your EE comment.. becauase it's so true.. like when CC cream first came out i was super confused hahaha :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to try them now. LOL

    btw, I am hosting an international giveaway on my blog, feel free to join.
    http://featuringcrystal.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/ahai-fashion-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont quite know the difference between BB/CC cream but now i must try! :D loveee your bloggg

    just followed u, lets follow each other? xx
    http://cathyloveee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review , I was thinking of buying the clinique cc cream but wasn't sure for the coverage so I went for the tinted moisturizer!
    check out my style blog! :)
    Chocolate Martini Heels

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nope, I haven't tried any CC cream
    yet, but this Clinique sounds good!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...