I actually received this on June 17th which is around a week later than their original timeline, targeted for June 10/11th. Overall, I think the box is not bad but given my trial with topbox for the past four months, I've decided to leave topbox and offer my subscription to someone else. Before I go into why I unsubscribed, here's my last topbox review for you all.
- Idealist: Even skintone illuminator. The man purpose of this serum is to reduce the look of uneven skintones, including redness, acne marks, dark spots, sun spots and discolorations. Out of all 3 items, I look forward to this one the most mainly because of its ability to reduce redness in the skin.
|Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator|
- Perfectionish [CP+R] Wrinkle Lifting / Firming Serum. The serum's main selling point is fast results by adding collagen to your skin. I'm honestly not a big fan of any of these anti wrinkle products. I'm 24 and I've tried these anti aging products and trust me. In the long run, you'll be much better off without it. I've tried to use those products for two weeks straight and right after I stop, my skin became loose. Much looser than before... maybe because my skin was so used to have products to keep it's shape that it's forgotten how to do the work itself! If anyone says that hey you need anti-aging! I would save it for when your skin has natural wrinkles (wrinkles when you're expressionless). That's just my two cents on anti-aging products. I mean.. of course they're going to sell you anti-aging, they're always $60+ versus your daily moisturizer priced at max of $50. As someone once told me, if you get wrinkles when you smile, those are happy wrinkles and they're there to stay for a reason.
|Estee Lauder Perfectionist [CP+R] Wrinkling Lifting / Firming Serum|
- Advanced Time Zone: Age reversing line / wrinkle creme broad spectrum SPF 15. Another one of those wrinkle creams... it says that it helps skin boots its natural production of line-plumping hyaluronic acid by 182% in just 3 days. Honestly, I'm not too into these anti-aging, aging skin products. Would much prefer them sending me their moisturizer! Again, this product would work great if you are over 40. I'll probably pass those wrinkle creams over to my mom. I think she'll enjoy them more than me!
|Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone|
What's great about topbox?
- Customer Service: They should take pride on their customer service. They are very responsive to requests via Twitter, Facebook and email!
- Try out underground products: Topbox often brings on board these new and underground makeup and skincare products. What's great is that maybe you'll discover a gem that you've never heard of!
- Great packaging: The packaging really makes this whole process a breeze, they fit inside condo mailboxes too so you don't have to take your parcel slip and pick it up at your local post office.
Why I opted out of topbox?
- Value for money: Personally, if you are always on the web and looking around at beauty products, you will have an idea of what's good and whats bad. Given the subscription of $13 after tax, I feel that more than half of the products aren't what I'm looking for... or if even close... 4 months x $13 = $78. With $78, I could've gotten a Nars Blush and Bronzer Duo + maybe squeeze in a good lip gloss. Instead, I've received sample products and if I'm lucky, then I'd get one product out of 4 that I enjoy.
- Samples are free: Did you know that if you go to Sephora or The Bay or any beauty counter, you can actually ask for free samples? These samples would be very similar if not similar to the ones you get through topbox and guess what! No commitment and absolutely free!
Those are purely just my own thoughts for topbox.
Thanks for reading everyone and what are your thoughts on Anti-Aging cream? or on beauty boxes.
Did you know that a lot of anti-aging creams have ingredients that are similar to botox? Shocker!