Wednesday, June 19

June Prive Topbox : Estee Lauder and wrinkles?

I actually received this on June 17th which is around a week later than their original timeline, targeted for June 10/11th. Overall, I think the box is not bad but given my trial with topbox for the past four months, I've decided to leave topbox and offer my subscription to someone else. Before I go into why I unsubscribed, here's my last topbox review for you all. 


What's inside: 

  • Idealist: Even skintone illuminator. The man purpose of this serum is to reduce the look of uneven skintones, including redness, acne marks, dark spots, sun spots and discolorations. Out of all 3 items, I look forward to this one the most mainly because of its ability to reduce redness in the skin
Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
  • Perfectionish [CP+R] Wrinkle Lifting / Firming Serum.  The serum's main selling point is fast results by adding collagen to your skin.  I'm honestly not a big fan of any of these anti wrinkle products. I'm 24 and I've tried these anti aging products and trust me. In the long run, you'll be much better off without it.  I've tried to use those products for two weeks straight and right after I stop, my skin became loose. Much looser than before... maybe because my skin was so used to have products to keep it's shape that it's forgotten how to do the work itself! If anyone says that hey you need anti-aging! I would save it for when your skin has natural wrinkles (wrinkles when you're expressionless). That's just my two cents on anti-aging products. I mean.. of course they're going to sell you anti-aging, they're always $60+ versus your daily moisturizer priced at max of $50. As someone once told me, if you get wrinkles when you smile, those are happy wrinkles and they're there to stay for a reason
Estee Lauder Perfectionist [CP+R] Wrinkling Lifting / Firming Serum
  • Advanced Time Zone:  Age reversing line / wrinkle creme broad spectrum SPF 15. Another one of those wrinkle creams... it says that it helps skin boots its natural production of line-plumping hyaluronic acid by 182% in just 3 days. Honestly, I'm not too into these anti-aging, aging skin products. Would much prefer them sending me their moisturizer! Again, this product would work great if you are over 40. I'll probably pass those wrinkle creams over to my mom. I think she'll enjoy them more than me! 

 
Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone



What's great about topbox?
  1. Customer Service: They should take pride on their customer service. They are very responsive to requests via Twitter, Facebook and email! 
  2. Try out underground products:  Topbox often brings on board these new and underground makeup and skincare products. What's great is that maybe you'll discover a gem that you've never heard of! 
  3. Great packaging:  The packaging really makes this whole process a breeze, they fit inside condo mailboxes too so you don't have to take your parcel slip and pick it up at your local post office. 

Why I opted out of topbox?


  1. Value for money:  Personally, if you are always on the web and looking around  at beauty products, you will have an idea of what's good and whats bad. Given the subscription of $13 after tax, I feel that more than half of the products aren't what I'm looking for... or if even close... 4 months x $13 = $78. With $78, I could've gotten a Nars Blush and Bronzer Duo + maybe squeeze in a good lip gloss. Instead, I've received sample products and if I'm lucky, then I'd get one product out of 4 that I enjoy.
  2. Samples are free:  Did you know that if you go to Sephora or The Bay or any beauty counter, you can actually ask for free samples? These samples would be very similar if not similar to the ones you get through topbox and guess what! No commitment and absolutely free! 
Those are purely just my own thoughts for topbox. 

Thanks for reading everyone and what are your thoughts on Anti-Aging cream? or on beauty boxes.
Did you know that a lot of anti-aging creams have ingredients that are similar to botox? Shocker! 

9 comments:

  1. I'm in charge of finding out new products for my mom to try and gift it to her on occasion, Anti aging products are really expensive. But there will always be people who will pay the price to look "Forever Young" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!!! i love this brand!!! great post ;)

    Now im your new follower on GFC!!! my nick is reich_super_244!!!

    Please visit my blog, i hope you follow me too!! ^^

    keep in touch!! Kisses

    http://baulderaquel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post my dear, loved your reviews!! Definitely agree with you on the anti-wrinkles products - we're better off without them! Great advice, thanks for sharing! <333

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acabo de conocer tu blog!! Tiene mucha personalidad y estilo.
    I FOLLOW YOU!!! Y me encantaria que tu tambien me siguieses.
    Muuuaks :D

    http://enjoythelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you would opt out of Topbox since the value isn't there. I've always been a little leery of beauty boxes cause it seems like the products you get can be so hit or miss. I'd rather spend my money on products I really want to try instead. Sephora's smaple policy is great as is their return policy.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a coincidence! I also have these estee lauder products haha

    by the way, about the acid washed jeans (tie-dye effect), i followed this tutorial on youtube ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxQKvYDxX-8

    xx shari

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post!!
    http://victoriapeace.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like beauty boxes but I've opted out as well because I've accumulated way too many samples. lol!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Awards -
    http://beautyetlavie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/liebster-award-nomination.html

    *steph x beautyetlavie.blogstpo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgosh pllllllllleaaase please let me know how you feel about the "idealist" I have lots of redness on my face.. especially around my nose.. it's so annoying.. i'm always so embarrassed by it!!! and I have lots of dark spots where I had pimples or acne before!! bleh! please do a review in the future :p

    ReplyDelete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...