Wednesday, July 11

Daily Face Make Up Routine Products

First off, I'm no make up guru or that I'm an expertise in make up at all but I do love buying make up and I do tend to take recommendations from friends as to whats good and not so much.

Here is just a quick summary of the kind of things I use everyday and why I like them.



Top Row (Left to Right): Cover FX  - Matte Foundation Primer & Anti-Acne Treatment Gel / Too Faced Natural Eye Eye shadow palette / Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light sheet tint / Lancome Doll Lashes in So Black / Lancome Hypnose in Black / Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01 / MAC Studio FX in N5 / Make up forever aqua eyes in black


Bottom Row (Left to Right): Lancome Brown Eye Shadow Palette (Sample) / Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Copper Diamond / Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette


Cover FX Primer: this was recommended to me by a friend I met back in Ottawa :) and ever since I have been using it. It goes on very smooth and it also has that added "anti-acne treatment" bonus in there.

Maybelline BB Cream: I have used other foundations in the past including Smashbox HD, Biotherm BB Cream White, Garnier BB Cream and MAC foundation. Lately, I saw a few reviews on YouTube and decided to give this $8 drugstore product a try and I think it works quite well. I recommend getting one shade darker since it is summer right now but over all its a great product and no breakouts from it. Worth the money! If you are going for full coverage, I would stick with the Smashbox foundation.

Lancome Mascaras: These are sort of your basic mascaras so I won't go into detail but the Doll Lashes does work quite well and divides your lashes up one by one. The down side is that these aren't waterproof so I would only recommend them for people whose eyes don't get oily so quickly.

Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes: I am a fan of crayon eyeliner. I have a stila liquid one but I like crayon just because it has a softer look than liquid eyeliner. I've previously used the Dior one and I think this one is much better since its smudge proof and water proof. It literally lasts for the entire day.


The colors
Once you open the palette the colors look as below. You can see that I have a lot of different browns and yes some of them are very similar I would say.



Too Faced Natural Eye:  I used to use the Too Faced eye shadows but I find that its very loose and its really shiny and glittery. Half the day, and I would get glitter all over my face so I've ended up using the Velvet Revolver shade to fill in my brows. Though I think their Day shadow looks really nice and as well as their pinkish shades.

Bobbi Brown Bronzer: I really like this since you can use each shade alone or use it as a bronzer. I got this at the outlet for around $32 which is a great deal for Bobbi Brown products.

Mac Studio Fix: If you are looking for full coverage, I would recommend this one.

Lancome eye shadow: Okay, I honestly have no idea what this is called but it came as a part of their buy $45 and get a gift deal. I've had this for about...two years now and I love every color in there. This is definitely my go to palette if I want a quick natural earthy eye look for work.

Urban Decay Naked 2: There are so many reviews on this product and its great :) Enough said. I actually asked my friend which is better the one or the two and she recommended that I get the second one since I'm looking for more matte colors rather than glittery ones.

Benefit boi-ing concealer: This concealer works great but I don't know if I'll buy it again since it doesn't fully cover all my dark circles... if you know other concealers out there that provides more coverage, please let me know :)




8 comments:

  1. i want the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette but shipping to australia is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should get it :) Do any stores in australia carry urban decay? I'm quite jealous of people from australia, I've seen this site called sabo skirt and shipping to canada is expensive! though their clothing are quite nice.

      Delete
  2. I actually LOVEEE the second one more. =) I use it a lot for my everyday look.

    Great blog. love seeing blogs from girls in Canada. xox


    now following


    http://ellemariee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments :) I actually don't have the first one but I find that I rarely use the cooler shades any ways.

      Thanks for the Follow!

      Delete
  3. lol was I the friend? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Boi-ing once but did not re-buy. After a makeup artist recommended it, I switched over to MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer, which is AMAZING! I also found that the Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Highlighter Concealer works exceptionally well for a drugstore product, though it seems to crease if I use it on my eyelids. Some people have reviewed it as not strong enough, so it's a hit-or-miss... But for $10, you really can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! visited you back but wasn't too sure on how to leave a comment :) same.. Boi-ing is there really only because I paid for it... and didn't want it to go to waste. I'm using Maybelline Age rewind now! We don't have studio secrets here in Canada :( but would love to try it one day!

      Delete

I love footprints, please leave a little one in the comment box below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...